Here you will find the basic beliefs of Christian Deism. The Archives contains essays that provide a more thorough explanation and we encourage you to explore them.
1. There is only one God, Creator of the Universe and the natural laws that govern it.
2. Every human being is a Child of God, and infused with the spirit of God. When we do God’s will we become closer to God.
3. Jesus taught that it is God’s will for you to “love your neighbor (including enemies) as yourself,” (Matthew 22:39; 5:43-44) which means that “whatever you wish that people would do to you, do so to them.” (Matthew 7:12).
4. God’s will is taught to everyone by God (John 6:45) in the design of human nature, and is learned through human experience and reasoning. We worship (honor) God by doing God’s will.
5. Failures to love others, by causing human suffering or by being indifferent to human suffering, are offenses (sins) against God, and are destructive to your soul.
6. If you repent of your sins and you forgive others who sin against you, God forgives your sins (Matthew 6:14-15), and restores your soul.
7. If you try to live by love for others, and sincerely repent of your failures to love, you will enjoy satisfaction with yourself in this life, and you have reason to hope that God will give you another life.